Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday Weigh In- The First 10 Pounds- Gone!

I lost another 1/2 pound this week to bring my total loss to 10 lbs!! Yeah! I am just continuing to try to cut out the fat and eat less. I've been having some troubles sleeping at night. I wake up and then can't get back to sleep. Usually this is a signal that I've had too much chocolate or sugar during the day. I thought back to what I've been eating and I realized that the slimfast bars and shakes have a bit of chocolate in them. I have been trying to wean myself off of these and I slept better last night.

My heart has been doing fine the last couple of weeks. I decided to avoid the cost of a co-pay and just started measuring my heart rate. When I had to go in for my yearly with my ob-gyn, I payed attention to when they checked my vital signs. My heart rate was at 93 bpm. I double checked with the PA what was within the normal range. He said my rate is within the norm. So, that is good to be reasured! I must have been really stressed about taking my CNA test and that is why the rate was up to 118 bpm. Well, I hope everyone is having success with their goals! Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO! that is awesome. You are looking really great! keep it up!

Angie said...

Congrats on the first 10 pounds! So I was wondering if you notice any change in your weight loss when its that time of the month? I seem to gain 5 pounds around then and its very discouraging. Any suggestions?

Julie said...

I am very lucky in taking a birth control pill that lets me have a period once every three months. It's awesome for me since I can stop taking it at any time. I noticed that my weight has been dropping off faster since the middle of my cycle (yes, it's that time for me right now) since the body seeems to let go of the water then. If I was not taking BC then I would for sure notice my body packing on the water weight right before my cycle. It's the joys of womanhood;( I think the BC I'm on keeps me from gaining much water weight since it is fooling my body into thinking it is partly pregnant. Either that or I'm constantly carrying around the water weight so I don't know what my weight would be without it. Maybe that's why they say when first taking BC you gain on average 5 pounds!