Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday- Try It! Whole Wheat Tortillas


One night when we had Ryan's brother Rich over for dinner, he helped me make a mouth watering chicken fajita dinner. All of it was tasty but the most surprising part of the dinner that I enjoyed was using whole wheat tortillas. Having grown up on white flour tortillas, I was leary of this "healthy" version of one of my favorite foods. When I bit into this delicious fajita, I was keenly aware of the nutty flavor of the tortilla. I took a few more bites and decided I had been missing out. I really enjoyed the flavor that the tortilla added to the fajita and so I am suggesting it today! Try it- you may find you like it!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I am trying to slowly get into eating whole wheat but it has always made me sick. So I eat a little bit of wheat at a time to try and get my system use to it.