Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday- Try It: A Yummy, Filling, Low Fat Snack!



This week I thought I would share a yummy favorite snack! It's very simple- a rice cake (I prefer the lightly salted) for 35 claories. Add 1 ounce of cream cheese (1/3 less fat) for an additional 70 calories and three slices of thinly sliced ham (see picture-20 calories) for a total of approx. 120 calories! I don't use a full ounce of cream cheese so it is probably closer to 100 calories for my snack. I just put a thin layer of cream cheese on the rice cake. Sometimes I only use one slice of ham which takes off about 14 calories. Any way you adjust it, it's a yummy snack that will keep you full for a couple of hours.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I will have to try that it looks pretty good! I love those mini rice cakes that are carmel corn and cheddar they are really good!