Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday Weigh in November 19

Zip, zilch, nada, nothing. No weight lost this week again..... but I did get an exercise ball to bounce on while I watch t.v. or have some time to just bounce. I even bounced while blogging/facebooking. It makes it hard to type though.

I found out one reason for my low motivation and extra eating. For the last 4 weeks, I've been having problems breathing deeply. It would hurt in my chest when I did. But I didn't have any wheezing or anything. I thought it would just go away, but it didn't.

On Monday I went in to see the doctor and he immediatly told me to go to the hospital to have a CT scan done based on my symptoms. He thought I could have a clot in my lung. I thought it was kind of silly since I didn't feel that bad. After the test I found out I had an infection in the lining of my left lung. It's called pleurisy. My bloodwork said I had an elevated white-blood cell count and so I had to begin antibiotics. Luckily, the infection is not contageous. It probably has zapped my energy without me even realizing it.

Since my family was here, I thought I was tired because of being so busy. Good thing I got it checked out instead of just putting it off longer. By the way, I had actually gained 4 pounds over the past few weeks and so now I am going to work on getting those off before I can focus on losing any additional. Gotta get back to bouncing on my ball!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hope you feel better Julie. I'm watching it again right now just so I don't go nuts over the holidays. Hang in there.

Angie said...

I am so glad they found out what was wrong with you! That is scary not being able to breathe deep. Im glad you like your ball it can be so much fun. Keep up the good work!:)