Thursday, January 22, 2009

Together after 20 years! Angie and Julie

We are the contributers to this blog and so it is only fitting that we got a picture together. Only, this photo is special because we haven't been together for over 20 years! Boy does that date us!

Angie and I knew each other when we were in elementary school and we used to play together. We were/are both LDS and so our families knew each other as well. In fact our Moms kept in better contact than we did. I think that I was the one that dropped the ball on that. I never did like to write/send letters- but I sure loved getting them!

Somehow, Angie found my blog and started to comment on it suggesting we keep in touch. Blogging is much easier for me to keep up with and so after she began her own blog, I was really excited. I decided to start my second blog about my weight loss and eating healthier. This inspired her to loose weight as well. She was such a good commenter and so after learning that she is a professional Chef as well as knowing about weight watchers, I asked her to join my blog as a contributer. She really has a wealth of knowledge in these areas and is a great compliment to this blog. You really haven't seen all of her skills yet unless you frequent her blog. She is a down-to-earth, caring person who is sensitive to others.

After blogging together for a while, we decided it was time to meet and renew our friendship. We set a lunch date for January and planned on meeting in Brigham City at the famous Maddox restaurant. They are known for raising the beef just beyond the parking lot on a ranch and using locally ground flour in their breads. It's interesting seeing the cows graze so close to the restaurant. When I got there I made sure to snap a photo of the huge turning sign that marks this impressive restaurant.

We had a great time together talking about all that has been going on. Only, it wasn't like we were starting from scratch since we knew quite a bit about each other from blogging. It was also neat to reshare stories from our past. We remembered different things about it and it was neat to hear her views of the same events. I will have to dig up some pictures of us as pre-teens. Hope you enjoy seeing us together since it may be a while before we can meet again. She is moving to Oregon! I just got my parents to move here from Oregon and now my friend moves back! I guess we can't have everything! Have fun in Oregon Angie- and keep us posted on your weight loss goals!

3 comments:

Denise G said...

I am glad you two got to get together. Did she go to CV? I don't know her though. Anyway. I just had to comment about the restaurant you went to. This summer we went to Perry, UT, (right next to Brigham City). We were visiting friends and hitting all the local DI's for Jack Weyland books. Anyway our friends (the Biskey's) live next to that restaurant. It was our landmark to find their street. What a small world it is. The Biskey's told us how great of a place it is to go. Hope you enjoyed the food, but most of all the reunion.

Angie said...

Thanks for the nice tribute that was so sweet of you to say such nice things! I to had a wonderful time with you and its always fun to get together with old friends. Thanks for agreeing to meet we will keep in touch!

kg said...

Glad you got to reunite!e